Sunday, January 19, 2014

Allergy Remedies

Allergy Remedies

Recipe 1: The Allergy Bomb

2 drops lavender

2 drops lemon

2 drops peppermint

Put these in a capsule, and take as needed. This is great for sniffy, sneezy, runny nose kind of allergies. 
If it doesn’t work, just up the dosage. I have put up to 5 of each in a capsule. 

A friend of mine puts two drops of each into a shot of organic cranberry juice and downs it in one gulp to get the oils in the bloodstream faster. I prefer capsules, because lavender tastes pretty horrid.


Recipe 2: Congestion Killer

1 drop cypress on the back of the neck and on the bottom of each foot
1 drop peppermint on the back of the neck and on each foot

This one works wonders for me. Cleared up my nose in about 2-3 minutes, and it lasted for 6-7 hours. It was like taking a Benadryl or Sudafed without the drowsy/groggy feeling. Also, cypress smells kind of manly, so that was a bonus for me.


Recipe 3: Quick Relief

1 drop lavender on the back of the neck and fingertips
1 drop peppermint on the back of the neck and fingertips

Put your fingers near your nose and breathe in the oils. I knocked out a sneezing attack immediately with just the peppermint (didn’t have my lavender handy). You can diffuse these as well, but if you need immediate relief, do the fingertip trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment